Saturday, September 10, 2011

Getting lost in the dreams of Japan’s own Hiroko Shoami. Glass engraver extraordinaire!






All images are © to Hiroko Shoami and have been used with the humble permission given by the artist.

I came across Hiroko’s work when I was doing some research on line and went to the web site of the guild of glass engravers. I thought it was quiet amazing and extraordinary. The techniques used by this amazing engraver are Stipple, line, sandblasting, point engraving and copper wheel engraving and as you can see a soft amazing finished is acquired by doing so. I am so honored to have been given permission by Hiroko and given some photos to share with the rest of you. Please visit Hiroko’s web site:

http://www8.ocn.ne.jp/~glas/works.html

Again thank you so very much to Hiroko for giving me the permission to share with our visitors these astonishing pieces of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment