Saturday, August 4, 2012

Another engraving by yours truly


Here is my latest, I learnt so much with the last one I did and followed the advise of James Riser and used lower speed where I needed to, thus making the edges a little more clean. I was pretty pleased.... Though I still have lots to learn.

I did this using the Proxxon Drill, diamond burrs and just a bit of stone burrs, very light polishing at the bottom.

Feel free to post a comment if you have any questions. I will be posting some information about the tools I used.

Leenah

1 comment:

  1. Hello Leena
    Nice work.
    Ive just bought a proxxon beginner drill, i have two diamond burs and sillicon carbide burs. Im able to fill shapes with white using the s-carbide burs but i find it hard to create soft shading like in your work. Did you work at the reverse of the glass to get that effect? help please
    Yours truly
    Nicolas

    ReplyDelete