Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Wife of Llew (The beautiful glass engraving by the talented Susan Burne)






All photos are © to Mrs. Burne and have been used with her permission.

Such a beautiful piece and so well crafted. The images seem to come alive when you look at the beautiful piece of art. Sue explains of the vase:

"In the legend Blodeuwedd is created for Llew by his magician uncle but is unfaithful to her husband and as punishment is turned into an owl".

I wanted to share this with you all today. I have known Sue for a few years... and she is such a sweet, talented and kind woman. She recently shared her work with us and I asked if I could share it on my this blog with you all. Sue is a drill engraver who started her work with glass back in 2001. She is an associate fellow of the Guild of Glass Engravers and a craft member of the Somerset Guild of Craftsmen. To see more of Sue's work visit her web site:


Thank you so much for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment