Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Le murmure délicat de Miki Kubo



Photos from top to bottom 1) Iceland Poppy 2) Cosmos – All images © are to Miki Kubo and Michael Myers and used with their kind permission.

The delicate whispers of Miki Kubo: (Drill engraver)

When I saw Miki’s engraving my eyes were delighted, they started to roam all over her work… I found beautiful shades, soft touches, smooth surfaces and I felt as if Miki was whispering life on to her subject. I asked Miki for permission to add some of her photos on here and so I really am out of words! Aside being such an amazing artist she is also a really kind sweet person. Thank you Miki for allowing me to share this on my blog.

I admire the proportion and perspective achieved on her subjects and the cuts on her glass as well as the soft transitions of her shades. She is one of the best engravers I have come across and I am honored to share this feast for the eyes with you. (Click on her images here and you will be able to see her softness with amazing detail.)

Her website:

http://www.mikikubo.com/index.html

Her work for sale

http://www.kirragalleries.com/kirra/Exhibitions/CurrentExhibitions/ANaturalWorld/tabid/357/Default.aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment