Friday, July 8, 2011

This is the only video on youtube which actually touches the subject of polishing.

I am by no meanings an experienced engraver, however I have been reading about the subject for a couple of years. One thing that puzzles a lot of new engravers is polishing, how to polish? what to use to polish? Gradation... In my opinion a polishing and shading should be smooth in transition, soft and full of details. Since this is the only video on youtube about polishing I will post it here... I hope you guys enjoy and listen carefully and understand that one should not OVER POLISH everything and that it is a slow careful process which should not be rushed.

3 comments:

  1. By the sound of the accent, I am guessing this is Les Pyke on YouTube. There is also a Peter Dreiser video on Glass Engraving that shows some polishing techniques as well, and they are little bit different.

    Ah! I see you already make mention of this on the right hand side.
    ~Inga

    ReplyDelete
  2. The polishing video is by Patricia Hilton-Robinson (www.hilton-robinson.co.uk) She is an Associate Fellow of the Guild of Glass Engravers (www.gge.org.uk)and past Chairman of the Guild (2005-2008)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter! I knew it was not Lesley but I had completely forgot the name of the engraver. Thank you kindly for clarifying that =)

      Delete