Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Mastery of Peter Dreiser



All photos are © to blackcountryhistory.org

When I started learning to engrave and about the subject someone gave me the book “Techniques of glass engraving” by Peter Dreiser and Jonathan Matcham; thus starting a love affair between the copper wheel glass engraving and I. Engraving in my eyes is like sculpting the piece of glass. Like giving it life, something soft and sensual between the engraving and that piece of clear material begging to be given life. There are not many “photos” of Mr. Dreiser’s work on line, however when I find one I save the link and photo and ask permission to use it. Here you have the web-site to get my information on these photos:

http://blackcountryhistory.org/collections/getrecord/DMUSE_BH4102/

I hope you enjoy viewing these beautiful piece of work as I have.

1 comment:

  1. Does anyone remember the name of the glass engraver in the 1960 in Cambridge based in Benet St.

    ReplyDelete